What is involved in Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Procurement Project Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Procurement Project Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Procurement related domains to cover and 318 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Procurement, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, Shared services, Management accounting, Technology management, International economics, Office management, Materials management, Marketing research, Managerial finance, Advisory board, Economic development, Resource management, Financial audit, Brand management, Product management, Configuration management, Systems management, Insolvency law, Organizational culture, Financial management, Procurement outsourcing, Supplier relationship management, Asset management, Earned value management, Business model, Business judgment rule, Request for Solution, Business process, Organizational behavior, Institute of Supply Management, International business, Conflict management, Quality management, Corporate governance, Change management, Business operations, Sources Sought, Supply chain management, Cloud computing, Risk management, Purchase order, Communications management, United States Department of Defense, Integrated management, Strategic management, Financial statement analysis, Strategic sourcing, Request for tender, Records management, Sole proprietorship, Hierarchical organization, Crisis management, Financial statement, Mergers and acquisitions, Stock market, Audit committee, Process management, Operations management, Public relations, Venture capital, Project management, Human resource management, Customer relationship management, Request for proposal, Electronic business:
Procurement Critical Criteria:
Learn from Procurement results and research ways can we become the Procurement company that would put us out of business.
– What kind of guidance do you follow to ensure that your procurement language is both specific and comprehensive enough to result in acquiring secure components and systems?
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Have policies been developed for the procurement and use of evaluated security products as appropriate?
– What security considerations need to be addressed during the procurement life cycle?
– Do we monitor the Procurement decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Procurement objectives?
– Are the procurement procedures such that undue delays can be avoided?
– Have you sought IT procurements for similar programs in the past?
– What is the purpose of Procurement in relation to the mission?
– How do the procurement and IT system life cycles relate?
– How can we lower our procurement costs?
– How do we lower our procurement costs?
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply and constraints.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Procurement services/products?
Shared services Critical Criteria:
Check Shared services management and overcome Shared services skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Procurement project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Procurement been identified and analyzed?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Audit Management accounting issues and summarize a clear Management accounting focus.
– Does Procurement analysis show the relationships among important Procurement factors?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Procurement move?
– Is there any existing Procurement governance structure?
Technology management Critical Criteria:
Meet over Technology management visions and proactively manage Technology management risks.
– How can we improve Procurement?
International economics Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate International economics decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who needs to know about Procurement ?
– Are there recognized Procurement problems?
– Is Procurement Required?
Office management Critical Criteria:
Explore Office management results and observe effective Office management.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Procurement leaders?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Procurement activities?
– Are assumptions made in Procurement stated explicitly?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Confer re Materials management risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Materials management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– Does Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Track Marketing research leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Marketing research.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Procurement project?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– Are there Procurement Models?
Managerial finance Critical Criteria:
Map Managerial finance management and plan concise Managerial finance education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Procurement in a volatile global economy?
– How to Secure Procurement?
Advisory board Critical Criteria:
Own Advisory board quality and point out Advisory board tensions in leadership.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Procurement effort?
– What are the short and long-term Procurement goals?
– Is Supporting Procurement documentation required?
Economic development Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Economic development risks and correct better engagement with Economic development results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Procurement goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we go about Securing Procurement?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Audit Resource management engagements and shift your focus.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Procurement?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Procurement processes of our organization?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– How much does Procurement help?
Financial audit Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Financial audit failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Financial audit decisions.
– What are our needs in relation to Procurement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Brand management outcomes and find out.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Procurement leader?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Procurement project manager?
Product management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Product management adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Product management.
– A vital question in new product management is: how should the business most effectively invest its research and development (r&d) and new product resources?
– In marketplace businesses what is the optimal relationship between product management Category Management and marketing?
– What is the optimal relationship between Product Management Category Management and Marketing?
– Is Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What is Effective Procurement?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Drive Configuration management projects and devise Configuration management key steps.
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– How can your team make multiple, long term overlapping changes to a codeline without compromising its consistency and integrity?
– How do you stabilize a codeline for an impending release while also allowing new work to continue on an active codeline?
– Does the configuration described in the design document match the physical configuration of the software?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– Can we answer questions like: Are compliance and audit checks performed on a regular basis?
– Can we answer questions like: Has the change specified been made without modifications?
– Can we answer questions like: Are baselines being set at regular points in time?
– Have you identified the types of equipment included in your CM Program?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– Has change implementation been approved by appropriate authorities?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– Are there design changes associated with the proposed change?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– Is system being built for the right platform?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– What do we do in regression testing?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Systems management decisions and cater for concise Systems management education.
– Do we all define Procurement in the same way?
– Do we have past Procurement Successes?
Insolvency law Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Insolvency law governance and devise Insolvency law key steps.
Organizational culture Critical Criteria:
Infer Organizational culture governance and catalog Organizational culture activities.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– Have you identified your Procurement key performance indicators?
– How can you measure Procurement in a systematic way?
Financial management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Financial management tasks and finalize specific methods for Financial management acceptance.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Procurement project lifecycle?
– Does Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Procurement outsourcing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Procurement outsourcing governance and find out what it really means.
– Who sets the Procurement standards?
– What are our Procurement Processes?
Supplier relationship management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Supplier relationship management leadership and get going.
– Will Procurement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can the value of Procurement be defined?
Asset management Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Asset management issues and create a map for yourself.
– Do we have processes for managing Human Resources across the business. (eg. staffing skills and numbers are known and predictions are made of future needs? new staff are inducted and trained to suit needs? succession planning is catered for?
– What are our key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– Are you managing the business side of asset management to maximize the assets you own?
– What processes do we have in place to harvest licenses from disposed hardware?
– What is our policy around the distribution of software?
– What happens with your retired or disposed of assets?
– What assets benefit from the discipline of itam?
– Are we prepared to respond to a software audit?
– How are employees affected by the cm process?
– Who can authorize and approve changes?
– Do we know ho owns every asset?
– Why investigate other systems?
– What is it asset management ?
– How about your mobile assets?
– Which assets need managing ?
– Who/what depends on it?
– What is our Procurement Strategy?
– What do it staff need?
– What is an it asset?
– Who is using it?
Earned value management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Earned value management leadership and stake your claim.
– Do those selected for the Procurement team have a good general understanding of what Procurement is all about?
– Think about the functions involved in your Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Why should we adopt a Procurement framework?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Business model tasks and define Business model competency-based leadership.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Will Procurement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business judgment rule Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business judgment rule adoptions and optimize Business judgment rule leadership as a key to advancement.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Procurement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Procurement delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is the source of the strategies for Procurement strengthening and reform?
Request for Solution Critical Criteria:
Apply Request for Solution engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Request for Solution projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Procurement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How important is Procurement to the user organizations mission?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Read up on Business process strategies and look in other fields.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– How do we Identify specific Procurement investment and emerging trends?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Organizational behavior Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Organizational behavior tasks and explore and align the progress in Organizational behavior.
– Does Procurement systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Should organizational behavior management expand its content?
– How Do We Know What We Know about Organizational Behavior?
– What threat is Procurement addressing?
Institute of Supply Management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Institute of Supply Management quality and describe which business rules are needed as Institute of Supply Management interface.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Procurement process available?
– Is Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are accountability and ownership for Procurement clearly defined?
International business Critical Criteria:
Grade International business outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of International business.
– Organizational structure for international business?
– What are current Procurement Paradigms?
Conflict management Critical Criteria:
Review Conflict management tactics and get the big picture.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Procurement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Chart Quality management engagements and remodel and develop an effective Quality management strategy.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Procurement strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Procurement? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– How do we keep improving Procurement?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Rank Corporate governance strategies and assess what counts with Corporate governance that we are not counting.
– How do we Lead with Procurement in Mind?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Change management adoptions and do something to it.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is workplace Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Systematize Business operations tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Business operations because they lack skills.
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– When a Procurement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How will you measure your Procurement effectiveness?
Sources Sought Critical Criteria:
Examine Sources Sought goals and find the essential reading for Sources Sought researchers.
– How likely is the current Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Supply chain management decisions and differentiate in coordinating Supply chain management.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are all of our Procurement domains and what do they do?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Categorize Cloud computing tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Cloud computing is getting what it needs.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– In which ways will Cloud Computing influence our approach Service Management
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– What happened to grid computing?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Risk management planning and reduce Risk management costs.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– Do you have a good understanding of emerging technologies and business trends that are vital for the management of IT risks in a fast-changing environment?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan contain both cyber and physical security components, or does your physical security plan identify critical cyber assets?
– Has any external work been done with ERM (external consulting)? If so, what was accomplished; what was concerning, what was found to be helpful?
– Are the risk register and Risk Management processes actually effective in managing project risk?
– How do we decide which activities to take action on regarding a detected Cybersecurity threat?
– Do your response plans include lessons learned and mechanisms for continual improvement?
– Are response processes and procedures executable and are they being maintained?
– Are Cybersecurity criteria used for vendor and device selection?
– How do you assess vulnerabilities to your system and assets?
– Where specifically is the information processed and stored?
– Are executives sufficiently informed of risk?
– What if we already have something in place?
– Do we know what might go wrong?
– Who has the authority to manage risk?
– Which systems need to be patched?
Purchase order Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Purchase order risks and pay attention to the small things.
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– Can we do Procurement without complex (expensive) analysis?
Communications management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Communications management results and check on ways to get started with Communications management.
– What are the long-term Procurement goals?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Analyze United States Department of Defense goals and revise understanding of United States Department of Defense architectures.
– Among the Procurement product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Procurement moving forward?
Integrated management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Integrated management risks and define what our big hairy audacious Integrated management goal is.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Procurement models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can skill-level changes improve Procurement?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Strategic management issues and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Strategic management services.
Financial statement analysis Critical Criteria:
Study Financial statement analysis management and attract Financial statement analysis skills.
– what is the best design framework for Procurement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Strategic sourcing Critical Criteria:
Refer to Strategic sourcing visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Strategic sourcing because they lack skills.
Request for tender Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Request for tender tasks and achieve a single Request for tender view and bringing data together.
– In the case of a Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Mine Records management engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Records management.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Procurement Management?
– What are specific Procurement Rules to follow?
Sole proprietorship Critical Criteria:
Dissect Sole proprietorship decisions and change contexts.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Procurement with what users do day-to-day?
Hierarchical organization Critical Criteria:
Investigate Hierarchical organization governance and plan concise Hierarchical organization education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Procurement process?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Procurement activities?
Crisis management Critical Criteria:
Boost Crisis management decisions and question.
– Think about the people you identified for your Procurement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
Financial statement Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Financial statement planning and sort Financial statement activities.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Procurement project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is the Procurement organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How Are Financial Statements Used?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Track Mergers and acquisitions governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Mergers and acquisitions information.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Procurement agendas for the next 3 years?
Stock market Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Stock market goals and report on setting up Stock market without losing ground.
Audit committee Critical Criteria:
Nurse Audit committee quality and question.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Procurement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there anyone on the board or audit committee with an it background?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Track Process management tactics and get answers.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Steer Operations management tactics and work towards be a leading Operations management expert.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– Are there Procurement problems defined?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Apply Public relations engagements and find out.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are the disruptive Procurement technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Procurement requirements in detail?
– How do we go about Comparing Procurement approaches/solutions?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Coach on Venture capital visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Venture capital projects.
Project management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Project management management and attract Project management skills.
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– How much project management is needed?
Human resource management Critical Criteria:
Study Human resource management engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who will provide the final approval of Procurement deliverables?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Audit Customer relationship management visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Do we understand our clients business drivers, financial metrics, buying process and decision criteria?
– How long (on average) between a potential issue being posted online and being flagged to the client?
– To overcome the barriers to effective CRM implementation: What should be communicated and to whom?
– Outreach – how can we enhance customer outreach and opportunities for customer input?
– How do you enhance existing cache management techniques for context-dependent data?
– Will the Tier 3 Exchange support team need access to the respondents CRM tool?
– Does the average call time provided include both inbound and outbound calls?
– Do these effectiveness-based applications introduce new success factors?
– How often do you fully test your disaster recovery capabilities?
– What are the fastest growing CRM solutions right now?
– Does the current CRM contain escalation tracking?
– Why does a customer first purchase your offering?
– Do calls labeled Self Service speak to a CSR?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– Do reports need to be tweaked or added?
– How many open tickets are there?
– What is the client software?
– What happens to reports?
Request for proposal Critical Criteria:
Map Request for proposal failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Request for proposal projects.
– How is the value delivered by Procurement being measured?
Electronic business Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Electronic business outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Electronic business controls.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Procurement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is a Procurement Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Procurement Project Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Procurement External links:
IAA – Title Procurement Dashboard | Insurance Auto Auctions
[PDF]TITLE I–PROCUREMENT – Document Repository
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply External links:
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply – Official Site
Shared services External links:
Nassau County- Shared Services – Official Site
Shared Services Week 2018
SSON Analytics – Shared Services & Outsourcing Insights
Management accounting External links:
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Title Management Accounting – Scribd
Technology management External links:
Engineering and Technology Management
Computer Technology Management Services | 24/7 …
International economics External links:
International Economics Ch. 4 Flashcards | Quizlet
Peterson Institute for International Economics – PIIE
International Economics | ScienceDirect.com
Office management External links:
Office management (Book, 1980) [WorldCat.org]
Materials management External links:
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Marketing research External links:
Ask Survey Center | Marketing Research Specialists
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
CMI Marketing Research
Managerial finance External links:
Managerial Finance – AbeBooks
What is MANAGERIAL FINANCE – Black’s Law Dictionary
Managerial finance (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Advisory board External links:
iRound for Patient Experience | The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company – Official Site
The Science Advisory Board – Home Page
Economic development External links:
Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
Santa Cruz Economic Development – Official Site
Home :: Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development
Resource management External links:
Cultural and Environmental Resource Management | Thesis Titles
Financial audit External links:
U.S. GAO – Financial Audit Manual
Brand management External links:
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Reeder Brand Management
BlueSkyETO – Brand Management Software and …
Product management External links:
MAPI Product Management Forum – Official Site
Leading the Product – A Product Management Conference
ProdPad | Product Management Software
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Systems management External links:
Integrated Systems Management Inc.
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
Organizational culture External links:
An Organizational Culture and Archetypal Survey System
What Is Organizational Culture? | CultureIQ
Organizational Culture – PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT
Financial management External links:
ERP Alternative for HR and Financial Management | Workday
Wealth Access: Personal Financial Management
WorthFM — Worth Financial Management
Procurement outsourcing External links:
Procurement BPO, Procurement Outsourcing Services | GEP
Top Procurement Outsourcing Company | …
Supplier relationship management External links:
Supplier relationship management
Supplier relationship management (SRM) is the discipline of strategically planning for, and managing, all interactions with third party organizations that supply goods and/or services to an organization in order to maximize the value of those interactions.
Supplier Relationship Management
Supplier relationship management (SRM) is the discipline of strategically planning for, and managing, all interactions with third party organizations that supply goods and/or services to an organization in order to maximize the value of those interactions.
mSupplier-Supplier Relationship Management System
Asset management External links:
VTS | The Leading Leasing and Asset Management Platform
Digital Asset Management Software – Webdam
Keystone Asset Management
Earned value management External links:
Earned Value Management | Learning Tree International
Business model External links:
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
OneTitle | business model
Business Model Canvas Explained – YouTube
Business process External links:
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Healthcare Business Process Outsourcing Services | UnityBPO
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Organizational behavior External links:
Organizational Behavior – Cognella
Organizational behavior (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Organizational Behavior – AbeBooks
International business External links:
International Business College – Official Site
Businesshub – International Business Development
International business consists of trades and transactions at a global level. These include the trade of goods, services, technology, capital and/or knowledge. The term refers to business activities, which involves cross-border transactions of goods and services between two or more countries. Transactions of economic resources include capital, skills, and people for the purpose of the international production of physical goods and services such as finance, banking, insurance, and construction. International business can also be referred to as globalization. Globalization is when a company or business starts to make their mark on an international scale, which in turn refers to the tendency of international trade, investments, information technology and outsourced manufacturing to weave the economies of diverse countries together. In order to conduct business overseas, multinational companies need to separate national markets into one global marketplace. In essence there are two macro factors that underline the trend of greater globalization. The first macro-factor consists of eliminating barriers to make cross-border trade easier such as the free flow of goods and services, and capital. …
Conflict management External links:
IACM – International Association for Conflict Management
Course 213: Conflict Management [1 day]
[PDF]Conflict Management – Chalmers Publication Library …
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Corporate governance External links:
Briefing: Governance | Davis Polk | Corporate Governance
Cleary Gottlieb M&A and Corporate Governance Watch
Program on Corporate Governance – About the Program
Change management External links:
The Change Consulting Group – Change Management …
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DCCA Change Management
Business operations External links:
Business Operations Center
How much does a business operations manager make?
UofL Business Operations
Sources Sought External links:
[PDF]Sources Sought Notice – Oklahoma
[PDF]Sources Sought Notices – Department of Energy
[PDF]RESPONDING TO A SOURCES SOUGHT OR …
Supply chain management External links:
St. Charles Trading, Inc. | Global Supply Chain Management
Biagi Bros – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Logistics Supply Chain Management System
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Risk management External links:
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
20 Best Title:(risk Management Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Purchase order External links:
[PDF]Creating a Purchase Order Form – Adobe Support
Purchase Order Management Software | SourceDay
Digital Purchase Order – Official Site
Communications management External links:
Communications management is the systematic planning, implementing, monitoring, and revision of all the channels of communication within an organization, and between organizations; it also includes the organization and dissemination of new communication directives connected with an organization, network, or communications technology.
P2 Communications Management – Everything Connected.
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
Integrated management External links:
Association Integrated Management Services, LLC
Integrated Management – REACHING NEW HEIGHTS or …
Civil Integrated Management (CIM) Initiative
Strategic management External links:
Strategic management (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
KM Strategic Management
Strategic Management System
Financial statement analysis External links:
Financial Statement Analysis – Investopedia
Statement Spreading | Financial Statement Analysis …
Financial statement analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Strategic sourcing External links:
[PDF]What is Strategic Sourcing?
VCCS Strategic Sourcing Jobs Title
Request for tender External links:
Tender Detail for REQUEST FOR TENDER FOR THE …
Request for tender
A request for tenders (RFT) is a formal, structured invitation to suppliers, to bid, to supply products or services. In the public sector an official fee is needed to fortify and secure the tender bid engagement/win documents, such a process may be required and determined in detail by law to ensure that such competition for the use of public fund is open, fair and free from bribery and nepotism.
Records management External links:
Document Storage – Records Management – Shredding | …
Records Management | North Dakota ITD
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
Sole proprietorship External links:
Title of a Sole Proprietorship | Chron.com
What is title of Sole Proprietorship Firm’s owner? – Quora
A sole proprietorship is an unincorporated business that is owned by an individual.
Hierarchical organization External links:
A hierarchical organization is an organizational structure where every entity in the organization, except one, is subordinate to a single other entity. This arrangement is a form of a hierarchy. In an organization, the hierarchy usually consists of a singular/group of power at the top with subsequent levels of power beneath them.
Hierarchical Organization of Resources for Localization
Crisis management External links:
Crisis Management Planning | Paradigm Solutions …
International Crisis Management Conference
AlertSense – Crisis Management and Collaboration Platform
Financial statement External links:
Personal Financial Statement Filers
Financial Statement – TN.Gov
Accounting Reports & Financial Statement Templates
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Stock market External links:
Market Overview & Stock Market Research | Scottrade
Yahoo Finance – Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, …
Audit committee External links:
[PDF]Audit Committee – MassMutual
Audit Committee Charter – Morgan Stanley
Process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Public relations External links:
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title
Most Popular “Public Relations” Titles – IMDb
Venture capital External links:
the PVCA – Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
FundRx | Healthcare and Life Science Venture Capital | FundRx
Elevar Equity – Human Centered Venture Capital
Project management External links:
Capital Planning & Project Management
InEight | Construction Project Management Software
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Human resource management External links:
Sioux Empire Society for Human Resource Management
Department of Human Resource Management
Customer relationship management External links:
Customer Relationship Management Login – NOVAtime
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Request for proposal External links:
Request for Proposal | Food and Nutrition Service
Request for Proposal – Department of Design and Construction
Electronic business External links:
About Us – Electronic Business Machines
Home – Electronic Business Machines
Electronic Business Services