What is involved in Operational Resource Management
Find out what the related areas are that Operational Resource Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operational Resource Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operational Resource Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operational Resource Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operational Resource Management related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operational Resource Management, Crew resource management, Air France Flight 447, Air National Guard, Air safety, British European Airways Flight 548, Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile, Crew management, Decision making, Department of Health and Human Services, Dryden Flight Research Facility, Eastern Air Lines Flight 401, First Air, First Air Flight 6560, Global Positioning System, Helmet fire, Human error, Instrument Landing System, International Journal of Aviation Psychology, Interpersonal communication, Line Oriented Flight Training, Maintenance Resource Management, National Transportation Safety Board, Pitot tube, Popular Mechanics, Qantas Flight 32, Resolute, Nunavut, Saudia Flight 163, Self awareness, Single pilot resource management, Situational awareness, South Canyon Fire, Sterile Cockpit Rule, Tenerife airport disaster, The Checklist Manifesto, Threat and error management, Transportation Safety Board, United Airlines Flight 173, United Airlines Flight 232, United States Air Force, United States Department of Defense, Vanity Fair:
Operational Resource Management Critical Criteria:
Mix Operational Resource Management governance and adjust implementation of Operational Resource Management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Operational Resource Management. How do we gain traction?
– How do we go about Securing Operational Resource Management?
– What threat is Operational Resource Management addressing?
Crew resource management Critical Criteria:
Shape Crew resource management results and maintain Crew resource management for success.
– How can you negotiate Operational Resource Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Operational Resource Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How to deal with Operational Resource Management Changes?
Air France Flight 447 Critical Criteria:
Focus on Air France Flight 447 results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Operational Resource Management process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Operational Resource Management project manager?
– Why should we adopt a Operational Resource Management framework?
Air National Guard Critical Criteria:
Reason over Air National Guard management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Air National Guard projects.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Operational Resource Management effort?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Operational Resource Management move?
– Are there recognized Operational Resource Management problems?
Air safety Critical Criteria:
Categorize Air safety outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Air safety.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Operational Resource Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Operational Resource Management?
British European Airways Flight 548 Critical Criteria:
Match British European Airways Flight 548 results and balance specific methods for improving British European Airways Flight 548 results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Operational Resource Management?
– Does Operational Resource Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How is the value delivered by Operational Resource Management being measured?
Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile engagements and remodel and develop an effective Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile strategy.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Operational Resource Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Operational Resource Management forward?
Crew management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Crew management failures and devise Crew management key steps.
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Adapt Decision making decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– Does our organization need more Operational Resource Management education?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– Are there Operational Resource Management problems defined?
Department of Health and Human Services Critical Criteria:
Analyze Department of Health and Human Services adoptions and observe effective Department of Health and Human Services.
– What are all of our Operational Resource Management domains and what do they do?
– Is there any existing Operational Resource Management governance structure?
– Is Supporting Operational Resource Management documentation required?
Dryden Flight Research Facility Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Dryden Flight Research Facility visions and forecast involvement of future Dryden Flight Research Facility projects in development.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Operational Resource Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Operational Resource Management leader?
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 Critical Criteria:
Test Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 leadership and observe effective Eastern Air Lines Flight 401.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration, Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Operational Resource Management in a volatile global economy?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Operational Resource Management process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Operational Resource Management project?
First Air Critical Criteria:
Learn from First Air goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding First Air.
– Is the Operational Resource Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
First Air Flight 6560 Critical Criteria:
Nurse First Air Flight 6560 failures and be persistent.
– What are the barriers to increased Operational Resource Management production?
– What are internal and external Operational Resource Management relations?
– How will you measure your Operational Resource Management effectiveness?
Global Positioning System Critical Criteria:
Track Global Positioning System strategies and ask questions.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Operational Resource Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do we all define Operational Resource Management in the same way?
– How do we keep improving Operational Resource Management?
Helmet fire Critical Criteria:
Discourse Helmet fire failures and test out new things.
Human error Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Human error adoptions and get answers.
– How important is Operational Resource Management to the user organizations mission?
– Who sets the Operational Resource Management standards?
Instrument Landing System Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Instrument Landing System decisions and get going.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Operational Resource Management agendas for the next 3 years?
International Journal of Aviation Psychology Critical Criteria:
Powwow over International Journal of Aviation Psychology issues and question.
– Can we add value to the current Operational Resource Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Interpersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Sort Interpersonal communication leadership and cater for concise Interpersonal communication education.
– What element(s) of interpersonal communications do you believe are the most important in a Customer Service environment?
Line Oriented Flight Training Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Line Oriented Flight Training adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Line Oriented Flight Training services.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Operational Resource Management values?
– Do Operational Resource Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we go about Comparing Operational Resource Management approaches/solutions?
Maintenance Resource Management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Maintenance Resource Management visions and grade techniques for implementing Maintenance Resource Management controls.
– Do we monitor the Operational Resource Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Operational Resource Management objectives?
National Transportation Safety Board Critical Criteria:
Deliberate National Transportation Safety Board engagements and proactively manage National Transportation Safety Board risks.
Pitot tube Critical Criteria:
Add value to Pitot tube strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Pitot tube because they lack skills.
– How likely is the current Operational Resource Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Have you identified your Operational Resource Management key performance indicators?
Popular Mechanics Critical Criteria:
Shape Popular Mechanics failures and display thorough understanding of the Popular Mechanics process.
– In a project to restructure Operational Resource Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Qantas Flight 32 Critical Criteria:
Test Qantas Flight 32 results and figure out ways to motivate other Qantas Flight 32 users.
– Is maximizing Operational Resource Management protection the same as minimizing Operational Resource Management loss?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Operational Resource Management processes of our organization?
Resolute, Nunavut Critical Criteria:
Shape Resolute, Nunavut projects and customize techniques for implementing Resolute, Nunavut controls.
– Will Operational Resource Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Operational Resource Management Management?
Saudia Flight 163 Critical Criteria:
Boost Saudia Flight 163 leadership and look in other fields.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Operational Resource Management into the services that we provide?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Operational Resource Management been identified and analyzed?
– Is the scope of Operational Resource Management defined?
Self awareness Critical Criteria:
Survey Self awareness outcomes and point out Self awareness tensions in leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Operational Resource Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Single pilot resource management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Single pilot resource management strategies and learn.
– Which customers cant participate in our Operational Resource Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Operational Resource Management that make it risky?
– Does Operational Resource Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Situational awareness Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Situational awareness adoptions and know what your objective is.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Operational Resource Management activities?
– What are the long-term Operational Resource Management goals?
South Canyon Fire Critical Criteria:
Facilitate South Canyon Fire tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in South Canyon Fire because they lack skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Operational Resource Management is underway?
– Is Operational Resource Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Sterile Cockpit Rule Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Sterile Cockpit Rule planning and adjust implementation of Sterile Cockpit Rule.
– Is a Operational Resource Management Team Work effort in place?
Tenerife airport disaster Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Tenerife airport disaster issues and intervene in Tenerife airport disaster processes and leadership.
– How do we Lead with Operational Resource Management in Mind?
The Checklist Manifesto Critical Criteria:
Give examples of The Checklist Manifesto visions and describe the risks of The Checklist Manifesto sustainability.
– In what ways are Operational Resource Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Operational Resource Management study?
Threat and error management Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Threat and error management visions and cater for concise Threat and error management education.
– What are specific Operational Resource Management Rules to follow?
– What are current Operational Resource Management Paradigms?
Transportation Safety Board Critical Criteria:
Apply Transportation Safety Board governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Transportation Safety Board results.
– To what extent does management recognize Operational Resource Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Operational Resource Management?
United Airlines Flight 173 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize United Airlines Flight 173 goals and define what our big hairy audacious United Airlines Flight 173 goal is.
– How can you measure Operational Resource Management in a systematic way?
United Airlines Flight 232 Critical Criteria:
Have a session on United Airlines Flight 232 tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In the case of a Operational Resource Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Operational Resource Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Operational Resource Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
United States Air Force Critical Criteria:
Frame United States Air Force tactics and describe the risks of United States Air Force sustainability.
– What is the purpose of Operational Resource Management in relation to the mission?
– Why is Operational Resource Management important for you now?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Look at United States Department of Defense tactics and achieve a single United States Department of Defense view and bringing data together.
– Which Operational Resource Management goals are the most important?
Vanity Fair Critical Criteria:
Start Vanity Fair goals and catalog what business benefits will Vanity Fair goals deliver if achieved.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Operational Resource Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do those selected for the Operational Resource Management team have a good general understanding of what Operational Resource Management is all about?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operational Resource Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operational Resource Management External links:
Operational Resource Management – Gartner IT Glossary
Crew resource management External links:
CREW RESOURCE MANAGEMENT 2 – Coastguard
Crew Resource Management – The Aviator Store
Aviation Crew Resource Management CRM Training
Air France Flight 447 External links:
What went wrong on Air France flight 447? – ABC
First Official Report on Air France Flight 447 Crash Released
Air France Flight 447 – TV Tonight
Air National Guard External links:
Homepage | Air National Guard
The Beacon–Idaho Air National Guard by Gary Daniel – issuu
Texas Air National Guard – Home | Facebook
Air safety External links:
Air Safety – International Federation of Airworthiness (IFA)
Home | Air Safety Group
This Is One Air Safety Video You’ll Definitely Watch
British European Airways Flight 548 External links:
Fight To The Death (British European Airways Flight 548)
Fight To The Death (British European Airways Flight 548)
Google Map of British European Airways Flight 548 crash site
Crew management External links:
Pilot & Crew Management – Takeflite
Crew Management – Inco Ships Pty Ltd
Crew Management – Northern Marine
Decision making External links:
Akumen | Decision Making Made Easy
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making | Home page
Involving Children in Decision Making – NCAC Archive
Department of Health and Human Services External links:
Access staff webmail | Department of Health and Human Services
Contact | Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – YouTube
Dryden Flight Research Facility External links:
Dryden Flight Research Facility [WorldCat Identities]
Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility – TheFreeDictionary
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 External links:
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 Archives – The Flight Blog
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 by Agustina Pampin on Prezi
First Air External links:
First Air – Official Site
The World’s First Air-Cruise to Antarctica – ANTARCTICA XXI
“Nova” First Air War (TV Episode 2014) – IMDb
First Air Flight 6560 External links:
First Air Flight 6560 | MILNEWS.ca Blog
Global Positioning System External links:
Glenn Baddeley – Global Positioning System (GPS)
Global Positioning System (GPS) and Relativity
What is global positioning systems – Answers.com
Helmet fire External links:
Pacific R5 helmet Fire and Rescue – FRSA
MSA GALLET F1 E Helmet Fire and Rescue – FRSA
SKI HELMET FIRE+ICE in Black for Unisex | BOGNER EU
Human error External links:
Human Error Definition – Glossary of Ergonomics Terms
Human error risk reduction to ALARP – NOPSEMA
Human error: models and management | The BMJ
Instrument Landing System External links:
instrument landing system (ILS) | aviation | Britannica.com
instrument landing system Archives – Echonetdaily
Instrument Landing System NORMARC | indra
International Journal of Aviation Psychology External links:
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AVIATION PSYCHOLOGY | Years …
The International Journal of Aviation Psychology
International Journal of Aviation Psychology
Interpersonal communication External links:
Interpersonal Communication Pie – StudentVIP Textbooks
Johari Window in Interpersonal Communication – YouTube
Interpersonal Communication | Bellarmine University
Line Oriented Flight Training External links:
Line Oriented Flight Training – SKYbrary Aviation Safety
Line Oriented Flight Training – SKYbrary Aviation Safety
Line Oriented Flight Training | Simulation | Airlines
Maintenance Resource Management External links:
Maintenance Resource Management (MRM) – Global Jet Services
Computer software for maintenance resource management
Maintenance Resource Management – TabWare – issuu.com
National Transportation Safety Board External links:
NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD
National Transportation Safety Board – Official Site
National Transportation Safety Board
Pitot tube External links:
What Happens When Your Pitot Tube Ices Over? | Boldmethod
Pitot Tube – Online Physics Course | Lecturio
Popular Mechanics External links:
Debunking Popular Mechanics – AE911Truth
Popular Mechanics – YouTube
Power tools – Popular Mechanics
Qantas Flight 32 External links:
A380 Engine Explodes On Qantas Flight 32 – YouTube
Air Crash Investigation: Qantas Flight 32 – TV Tonight
FS2004/FSX – Titanic in the Sky (Qantas Flight 32) – YouTube
Resolute, Nunavut External links:
Current Local Time in Resolute, Nunavut, Canada
Cheap Flights To Resolute, Nunavut – Wotif
Resolute, Nunavut Air Quality & Pollen | Weather Underground
Saudia Flight 163 External links:
Saudia Flight 163 – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Saudia Flight 163&sr=50
Saudia Flight 163 – theinfolist.com
Self awareness External links:
Self Awareness – Pathway to Happiness
Enhancing self awareness | The Wimmera Mail-Times
Welcome to Self Awareness
Single pilot resource management External links:
Single Pilot Resource Management – The Balance
Chapter 6 Single Pilot Resource Management – bigqqu.store
Chapter 6 Single Pilot Resource Management – kuaigou.store
Situational awareness External links:
EYEfi Pty Ltd | Situational Awareness Technology
Solv3D Inc. – Situational Awareness
Brian’s Game: A Lesson In Situational Awareness – YouTube
South Canyon Fire External links:
South Canyon Fire Books: Buy Online from Fishpond.com.au
South Canyon Fire – Staff Ride Nominations – Facebook
Sterile Cockpit Rule External links:
Sterile Cockpit Rule – topics.revolvy.com
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Sterile Cockpit Rule&item_type=topic
Sterile Cockpit Rule – AviationKnowledge
Sterile Cockpit Rule | Aviation Attorneys
Tenerife airport disaster External links:
Tenerife airport disaster | Tenerife airport disaster
Tenerife Airport Disaster – YouTube
Tenerife airport disaster Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
The Checklist Manifesto External links:
The Checklist Manifesto | Silvereye
Booko: Comparing prices for The Checklist Manifesto
The Checklist Manifesto | Atul Gawande
Threat and error management External links:
CRM Threat and Error Management – YouTube
Threat and error management – Trove
Threat and Error Management: a primer | Air Facts Journal
Transportation Safety Board External links:
NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD
National Transportation Safety Board | Flickr
National Transportation Safety Board – Madden Maritime
United Airlines Flight 173 External links:
United Airlines Flight 173 Crash Essay Examples
United Airlines Flight 173 (1978) – YouTube
United Airlines Flight 232 External links:
United Airlines Flight 232 | Facts & History | Britannica.com
Mayday: Impossible Landing (United Airlines Flight 232)
FS2004 – Impossible Landing (United Airlines Flight 232)
United States Air Force External links:
United States Air Force – Home | Facebook
United States Air Force – The Balance
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense News
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE ENROUTE CHART …
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
Vanity Fair External links:
Graydon Carter’s departure from Vanity Fair marks end of era
Vanity Fair – Home | Facebook
Vanity Fair (TV Mini-Series 1998– ) – IMDb