What is involved in synchronous communications
Find out what the related areas are that synchronous communications connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a synchronous communications thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its synchronous communications journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward synchronous communications leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which synchronous communications related domains to cover and 104 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
synchronous communications, Binary Synchronous Communications, Access methods, Asynchronous communication, Bit stuffing, Character stuffing, Check sum, Cyclic redundancy check, Digital Data Communications Message Protocol, Frame synchronization, Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, GNU Free Documentation License, Hamming distance, IBM 1130, IBM 270x, IBM 2780, IBM 2780/3780, IBM 2922, IBM 3270, IBM 3780, IBM System/370, International Business Machines, Internet Protocol, Link protocol, Longitudinal redundancy check, Mainframe computer, Mohawk Data Sciences, Negative-acknowledge character, Parity bit, Point-to-Point Protocol, Remote Job Entry, Sync word, Synchronous transmit-receive, Systems Network Architecture, Telecommunications Access Method, Teleprocessing monitor:
synchronous communications Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over synchronous communications visions and gather practices for scaling synchronous communications.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding synchronous communications?
– Are accountability and ownership for synchronous communications clearly defined?
– How do we Lead with synchronous communications in Mind?
Binary Synchronous Communications Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Binary Synchronous Communications outcomes and report on developing an effective Binary Synchronous Communications strategy.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the synchronous communications requirements in detail?
– How can you measure synchronous communications in a systematic way?
– Is the scope of synchronous communications defined?
Access methods Critical Criteria:
Discuss Access methods decisions and explore and align the progress in Access methods.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your synchronous communications strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the usability implications of synchronous communications actions?
– Do we have past synchronous communications Successes?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Consult on Asynchronous communication strategies and probe the present value of growth of Asynchronous communication.
– How do we Improve synchronous communications service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there synchronous communications problems defined?
– What is Effective synchronous communications?
Bit stuffing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Bit stuffing failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Bit stuffing decisions.
– Think about the people you identified for your synchronous communications project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of synchronous communications moving forward?
– How do we Identify specific synchronous communications investment and emerging trends?
Character stuffing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Character stuffing issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Character stuffing because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your synchronous communications performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our synchronous communications domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How will you measure your synchronous communications effectiveness?
Check sum Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Check sum engagements and track iterative Check sum results.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that synchronous communications objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the barriers to increased synchronous communications production?
Cyclic redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Grade Cyclic redundancy check planning and figure out ways to motivate other Cyclic redundancy check users.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent synchronous communications services/products?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate synchronous communications delivery for example is new software needed?
– How to Secure synchronous communications?
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol Critical Criteria:
Meet over Digital Data Communications Message Protocol visions and gather practices for scaling Digital Data Communications Message Protocol.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving synchronous communications forward?
– How do we measure improved synchronous communications service perception, and satisfaction?
Frame synchronization Critical Criteria:
Add value to Frame synchronization quality and question.
– Does synchronous communications analysis show the relationships among important synchronous communications factors?
– Does synchronous communications appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Who sets the synchronous communications standards?
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Free On-line Dictionary of Computing quality and give examples utilizing a core of simple Free On-line Dictionary of Computing skills.
– Does synchronous communications include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in synchronous communications?
– Is a synchronous communications Team Work effort in place?
GNU Free Documentation License Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap GNU Free Documentation License strategies and research ways can we become the GNU Free Documentation License company that would put us out of business.
– Is synchronous communications dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is our synchronous communications Strategy?
Hamming distance Critical Criteria:
Sort Hamming distance projects and describe the risks of Hamming distance sustainability.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good synchronous communications project manager?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of synchronous communications activities?
IBM 1130 Critical Criteria:
Nurse IBM 1130 issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing synchronous communications? There might be some that are less obvious?
IBM 270x Critical Criteria:
Consolidate IBM 270x risks and learn.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once synchronous communications is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is maximizing synchronous communications protection the same as minimizing synchronous communications loss?
– How important is synchronous communications to the user organizations mission?
IBM 2780 Critical Criteria:
Coach on IBM 2780 decisions and innovate what needs to be done with IBM 2780.
– In the case of a synchronous communications project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a synchronous communications project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any synchronous communications project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a synchronous communications project?
IBM 2780/3780 Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on IBM 2780/3780 quality and gather IBM 2780/3780 models .
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a synchronous communications process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the synchronous communications process available?
– Who will provide the final approval of synchronous communications deliverables?
– What are our synchronous communications Processes?
IBM 2922 Critical Criteria:
Jump start IBM 2922 failures and create a map for yourself.
– What are the Essentials of Internal synchronous communications Management?
IBM 3270 Critical Criteria:
Administer IBM 3270 issues and display thorough understanding of the IBM 3270 process.
– What are our needs in relation to synchronous communications skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic synchronous communications objectives?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing synchronous communications?
IBM 3780 Critical Criteria:
Generalize IBM 3780 goals and report on the economics of relationships managing IBM 3780 and constraints.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to synchronous communications? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the synchronous communications effort?
– Is synchronous communications Required?
IBM System/370 Critical Criteria:
Depict IBM System/370 tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive IBM System/370 decisions.
– What are specific synchronous communications Rules to follow?
– What will drive synchronous communications change?
International Business Machines Critical Criteria:
Test International Business Machines projects and look at it backwards.
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Internet Protocol engagements and document what potential Internet Protocol megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does synchronous communications create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a synchronous communications project?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
Link protocol Critical Criteria:
Examine Link protocol tactics and change contexts.
– Have all basic functions of synchronous communications been defined?
Longitudinal redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Own Longitudinal redundancy check planning and figure out ways to motivate other Longitudinal redundancy check users.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which synchronous communications models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will synchronous communications have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Own Mainframe computer goals and finalize specific methods for Mainframe computer acceptance.
Mohawk Data Sciences Critical Criteria:
Check Mohawk Data Sciences issues and learn.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this synchronous communications process?
Negative-acknowledge character Critical Criteria:
Focus on Negative-acknowledge character goals and research ways can we become the Negative-acknowledge character company that would put us out of business.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these synchronous communications processes?
– Do those selected for the synchronous communications team have a good general understanding of what synchronous communications is all about?
Parity bit Critical Criteria:
Infer Parity bit visions and report on developing an effective Parity bit strategy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying synchronous communications, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do mission and objectives affect the synchronous communications processes of our organization?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Coach on Point-to-Point Protocol decisions and check on ways to get started with Point-to-Point Protocol.
– Can we add value to the current synchronous communications decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its synchronous communications processes?
– What is the purpose of synchronous communications in relation to the mission?
Remote Job Entry Critical Criteria:
Design Remote Job Entry planning and describe which business rules are needed as Remote Job Entry interface.
– How can we improve synchronous communications?
Sync word Critical Criteria:
Grasp Sync word planning and integrate design thinking in Sync word innovation.
– How do your measurements capture actionable synchronous communications information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we monitor the synchronous communications decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Synchronous transmit-receive Critical Criteria:
Use past Synchronous transmit-receive risks and handle a jump-start course to Synchronous transmit-receive.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your synchronous communications project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we go about Securing synchronous communications?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Rank Systems Network Architecture decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Systems Network Architecture relationship management.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your synchronous communications activities?
– Does the synchronous communications task fit the clients priorities?
Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Telecommunications Access Method management and point out improvements in Telecommunications Access Method.
– Among the synchronous communications product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Teleprocessing monitor Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Teleprocessing monitor quality and sort Teleprocessing monitor activities.
– What are the long-term synchronous communications goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the synchronous communications Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
synchronous communications External links:
FSCC / 4-PCIe | Fastcom | Synchronous Communications …
Synchronous Communications and Timing Configurations …
Binary Synchronous Communications External links:
BISYNC (Binary Synchronous Communications) …
Binary Synchronous Communications
Binary Synchronous Communication (BSC or Bisync) is an IBM character-oriented, half-duplex link protocol, announced in 1967 after the introduction of System/360. It replaced the synchronous transmit-receive (STR) protocol used with second generation computers. The intent was that common link management rules could be used with three different character encodings for messages.
Access methods External links:
Remote Access Methods « Digital Library: Support
Access Methods – Switch Access and Scanning …
Netbriefings System Checkout for the Different Access Methods
Asynchronous communication External links:
Synchronous and Asynchronous Communication Tools …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Asynchronous Communication
What is an example of asynchronous communication – …
Bit stuffing External links:
Why is Bit stuffing used in CAN protocol? – Quora
Bit stuffing | Embedded
can bus – Bit stuffing in CAN-BUS – Stack Overflow
Character stuffing External links:
Character stuffing !! – GATE Overflow
Character Stuffing | Computer Network | Bit
Cyclic redundancy check External links:
How to Solve Cyclic Redundancy Check Error – YouTube
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol External links:
DDCMP – Digital Data Communications Message Protocol
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol – …
[PDF]Digital Data Communications Message Protocol …
Frame synchronization External links:
[PDF]Timing, Carrier, and Frame Synchronization of Burst …
Frame Synchronization of Multiple NUC Display Outputs
[PDF]Optimum Frame Synchronization for Preamble-less …
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing External links:
FOLDOC Free On-line Dictionary of Computing · …
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing from FOLDOC
FOLDOC (Free On-line Dictionary of Computing) more info
GNU Free Documentation License External links:
Appendix C. GNU Free Documentation License
GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) – Open …
GNU Free Documentation License — Vikipēdija
Hamming distance External links:
Hamming distance | Article about Hamming distance by …
ERIC – Performance Investigation of Hamming Distance …
Total Hamming Distance – LeetCode
IBM 1130 External links:
IBM 1130 | Article about IBM 1130 by The Free Dictionary
IBM Archives: The IBM 1130 computing system
IBM 1130 – Columbia University
IBM 2780 External links:
IBM 2780 PCIx Ultra4 Raid Disk Controller Card 39J5057
www.amazon.com › … › I/O Port Cards › SCSI Port Cards
IBM 2780 controller card battery replacement 42R8305 – …
IBM 2780/3780 External links:
IBM 2780/3780: Amazon.co.uk: Ronald Cohn Jesse …
IBM 3270 External links:
IBM 3270 Terminal Applications Suite – Freecode
IBM System/370 External links:
The IBM System/370 (S/370) was a model range of IBM mainframes announced on June 30, 1970 as the successors to the System/360 family. The series mostly maintained backward compatibility with the S/360, allowing an easy migration path for customers; this, plus improved performance, were the dominant themes of the product announcement.
IBM System/370 Mainframe Computer History Archives …
International Business Machines External links:
International Business Machines Corp. – MarketWatch
International Business Machines Corporation – IBM – …
International Business Machines Corporation Common …
Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
What is Voice Over Internet Protocol? – xfinity.com
Link protocol External links:
How to download and use the APC UPS-Link Protocol Language
Longitudinal redundancy check External links:
Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC) calculator for a …
How can I calculate Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC)?
LRC (longitudinal redundancy check) – Gartner IT Glossary
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Mohawk Data Sciences External links:
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORPORATION PENSION PLAN …
Mohawk Data Sciences Corp – ASAP NSN Parts
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORP | 63 Mich. App. 102 …
Parity bit External links:
ARCHIVED: What is a parity bit? – Indiana University
Parity bit checking? – Quora
Parity bit – definition of parity bit by The Free Dictionary
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
The point-to-point protocol (PPP). (Book, 2005) …
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Remote Job Entry External links:
Remote Job Entry – How is Remote Job Entry abbreviated?
What is Remote Job Entry (RJE)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Sync word External links:
Loss of Sync Word – How is Loss of Sync Word abbreviated?
Systems Network Architecture External links:
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) Salary | PayScale
www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty