What is involved in CTQ critical to quality
Find out what the related areas are that CTQ critical to quality connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a CTQ critical to quality thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its CTQ critical to quality journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward CTQ critical to quality leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which CTQ critical to quality related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
CTQ critical to quality, Critical to quality, Business process, CTQ tree, Design for Six Sigma, Quality, Total productive maintenance, Total quality management:
CTQ critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Merge CTQ critical to quality quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding CTQ critical to quality.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a CTQ critical to quality project?
– Does CTQ critical to quality analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What threat is CTQ critical to quality addressing?
Critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Systematize Critical to quality outcomes and be persistent.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which CTQ critical to quality models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing CTQ critical to quality? There might be some that are less obvious?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business process tactics and budget for Business process challenges.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– What are the disruptive CTQ critical to quality technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
CTQ tree Critical Criteria:
Consider CTQ tree projects and point out improvements in CTQ tree.
– What are our best practices for minimizing CTQ critical to quality project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the CTQ critical to quality project lifecycle?
– Does CTQ critical to quality analysis show the relationships among important CTQ critical to quality factors?
– Why are CTQ critical to quality skills important?
Design for Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Design for Six Sigma adoptions and define Design for Six Sigma competency-based leadership.
– How can you measure CTQ critical to quality in a systematic way?
– What is our CTQ critical to quality Strategy?
Quality Critical Criteria:
Align Quality failures and look at the big picture.
– Prior to selecting a FSMC, the SFAs personnel are strongly encouraged to visit one or more school sites managed by each of the FSMCs under consideration. It is important to observe the operation on a typical day. Therefore, these visits should be unannounced to the food service site manager. Evaluate the sanitation, staffing, food production, food quality and student acceptability. Compare these to the current practices in the SFAs food service program. If the FSMC operation is judged to be superior, what were the noticeable differences?
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– Does the Quality Assurance process include a review of adherence to it policies, procedures and standards?
– Can a decision (or estimate) be made with the desired level of certainty, given the quality of the data?
– What is the process for grading the application of qa requirements for activities?
– Are source documents kept and made available in accordance with a written policy?
– Are qa audits, surveillances, and nonconformance reports part of the qa program?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– How does improper or incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Are Quality Assurance records marked or labelled to ensure traceability?
– How does your qa plan measure areas of opportunities for improvement?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– Who closes the loop with the person that submitted a complaint?
– Will the data have a high degree of quality if collected?
– Was proper development done?
– What is Quality?
Total productive maintenance Critical Criteria:
Map Total productive maintenance risks and tour deciding if Total productive maintenance progress is made.
– Think about the people you identified for your CTQ critical to quality project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think about the functions involved in your CTQ critical to quality project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are there recognized CTQ critical to quality problems?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Group Total quality management governance and revise understanding of Total quality management architectures.
– What is the purpose of CTQ critical to quality in relation to the mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the CTQ critical to quality Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Critical to quality External links:
Critical To Quality Characteristics | Service at ASU
Critical To Quality – Six Sigma Terminology
Business process External links:
Canon Business Process Services
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Modernizing Business Process …
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM Solutions
CTQ tree External links:
CTQ Tree – What is Six Sigma
How to Use a CTQ Tree – Villanova University
Design for Six Sigma External links:
Design for six sigma for service (Book, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Design for Six sigma (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Design for Six Sigma: A Roadmap for Product Development
Total productive maintenance External links:
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Total Productive Maintenance Training – RedVector
Total Productive Maintenance Certification
Total quality management External links:
Total Quality Management – TQM Definition – Investopedia
Total Quality Management – Assignment 1
[PDF]CHAPTER Total Quality Management – Wiley: Home