What is involved in Mobile Security
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile Security related domains to cover and 166 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile Security, Mobile news, Subscriber Identity Module, Mobile app development, Logic bomb, Rogue security software, Turing test, Comparison of smartphones, Satellite phone, Keystroke logging, .NET Framework, Feature phone, Mobile advertising, Denial of service, User Login, Cellular frequencies, Comparison of mobile phone standards, Intrusion prevention system, Mobile device, Network security, Smudge attack, Mobile phones and driving safety, Antivirus software, High Speed Packet Access, Contactless payment, Application software, Phantom vibration syndrome, Computer worm, Browser security, Filesystem permissions, Computer security, IEEE 802.11i-2004, Photography and the law, Operating system, Grey hat, Web threat, Juice jacking, Wi-Fi Protected Access, Password cracking, Internet bot, Mobile application management, Palm OS viruses, IOS jailbreaking, Siemens S55, Common External Power Supply, Security by design, Security-focused operating system, Mobile phone, Application security, Android rooting, Japanese mobile phone culture, Multi-factor authentication, Mobile marketing, Email spam:
Mobile Security Critical Criteria:
Sort Mobile Security results and assess what counts with Mobile Security that we are not counting.
– What are the short and long-term Mobile Security goals?
– Are there Mobile Security problems defined?
– How to deal with Mobile Security Changes?
Mobile news Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mobile news tasks and attract Mobile news skills.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile Security opportunities costing us money?
– Is Mobile Security dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are assumptions made in Mobile Security stated explicitly?
Subscriber Identity Module Critical Criteria:
Confer re Subscriber Identity Module engagements and customize techniques for implementing Subscriber Identity Module controls.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mobile Security in a volatile global economy?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile Security models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does the Mobile Security task fit the clients priorities?
Mobile app development Critical Criteria:
Apply Mobile app development visions and perfect Mobile app development conflict management.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile Security decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the disruptive Mobile Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mobile Security?
Logic bomb Critical Criteria:
Guard Logic bomb adoptions and change contexts.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile Security processes of our organization?
Rogue security software Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Rogue security software engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile Security strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile Security goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the purpose of Mobile Security in relation to the mission?
Turing test Critical Criteria:
Guard Turing test leadership and customize techniques for implementing Turing test controls.
– How would a society benefit from an AI that passes the Turing test?
– What will drive Mobile Security change?
Comparison of smartphones Critical Criteria:
Adapt Comparison of smartphones engagements and overcome Comparison of smartphones skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Is Mobile Security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile Security effort?
– What are current Mobile Security Paradigms?
Satellite phone Critical Criteria:
Consider Satellite phone quality and shift your focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile Security does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile Security moving forward?
– What are the long-term Mobile Security goals?
Keystroke logging Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Keystroke logging tasks and define what our big hairy audacious Keystroke logging goal is.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile Security project?
– How do we keep improving Mobile Security?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Wrangle .NET Framework governance and correct .NET Framework management by competencies.
– Do we all define Mobile Security in the same way?
– How can we improve Mobile Security?
Feature phone Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Feature phone issues and assess what counts with Feature phone that we are not counting.
– How do we Identify specific Mobile Security investment and emerging trends?
– Which Mobile Security goals are the most important?
– Do we have past Mobile Security Successes?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Mobile advertising management and plan concise Mobile advertising education.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile Security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Denial of service Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Denial of service tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Denial of service projects.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Will Mobile Security have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How easy would it be to lose your service if a denial of service attack is launched within your cloud provider?
– What ability does the provider have to deal with denial of service attacks?
User Login Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate User Login strategies and change contexts.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile Security process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile Security process available?
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile Security needs?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile Security?
Cellular frequencies Critical Criteria:
Adapt Cellular frequencies leadership and reduce Cellular frequencies costs.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile Security products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Comparison of mobile phone standards Critical Criteria:
Read up on Comparison of mobile phone standards projects and customize techniques for implementing Comparison of mobile phone standards controls.
– Will Mobile Security deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Intrusion prevention system Critical Criteria:
Apply Intrusion prevention system planning and summarize a clear Intrusion prevention system focus.
– Are security alerts from the intrusion detection or intrusion prevention system (ids/ips) continuously monitored, and are the latest ids/ips signatures installed?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile Security strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is a intrusion detection or intrusion prevention system used on the network?
– How do we maintain Mobile Securitys Integrity?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Start Mobile device goals and revise understanding of Mobile device architectures.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Have you identified your Mobile Security key performance indicators?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile Security clearly defined?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Are we Assessing Mobile Security and Risk?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Network security tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Network security decisions.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile Security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– When a Mobile Security manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile Security processes?
Smudge attack Critical Criteria:
Add value to Smudge attack projects and oversee Smudge attack requirements.
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile Security as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we manage Mobile Security Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile Security actions?
Mobile phones and driving safety Critical Criteria:
Mine Mobile phones and driving safety adoptions and drive action.
– Are there recognized Mobile Security problems?
Antivirus software Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Antivirus software results and report on developing an effective Antivirus software strategy.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mobile Security process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile Security been identified and analyzed?
– Is Supporting Mobile Security documentation required?
High Speed Packet Access Critical Criteria:
Refer to High Speed Packet Access tasks and oversee High Speed Packet Access requirements.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile Security agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why are Mobile Security skills important?
Contactless payment Critical Criteria:
X-ray Contactless payment outcomes and work towards be a leading Contactless payment expert.
– How do we know that any Mobile Security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile Security requirements in detail?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Dissect Application software risks and define Application software competency-based leadership.
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile Security deliverables?
– Is a Mobile Security Team Work effort in place?
Phantom vibration syndrome Critical Criteria:
Survey Phantom vibration syndrome tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile Security workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile Security activities?
Computer worm Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Computer worm goals and intervene in Computer worm processes and leadership.
– Is the Mobile Security organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How will you measure your Mobile Security effectiveness?
Browser security Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Browser security tactics and track iterative Browser security results.
– Does Mobile Security systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile Security leaders?
Filesystem permissions Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Filesystem permissions projects and triple focus on important concepts of Filesystem permissions relationship management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Mobile Security product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile Security processes?
– Is there any existing Mobile Security governance structure?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Drive Computer security engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What is Effective Mobile Security?
IEEE 802.11i-2004 Critical Criteria:
Focus on IEEE 802.11i-2004 outcomes and drive action.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile Security? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why is Mobile Security important for you now?
Photography and the law Critical Criteria:
Start Photography and the law decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Apply Operating system projects and test out new things.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Grey hat Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Grey hat engagements and cater for concise Grey hat education.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile Security, including any consulting or professional services?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile Security framework?
Web threat Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Web threat quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Web threat information.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile Security experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Think about the functions involved in your Mobile Security project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does Mobile Security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Juice jacking Critical Criteria:
Check Juice jacking quality and point out Juice jacking tensions in leadership.
– What threat is Mobile Security addressing?
– How to Secure Mobile Security?
Wi-Fi Protected Access Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Wi-Fi Protected Access strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Wi-Fi Protected Access.
– If wireless technology is used, is wi-fi protected access (wpa) technology implemented for encryption and authentication when wpa-capable?
– How do we Improve Mobile Security service perception, and satisfaction?
Password cracking Critical Criteria:
Boost Password cracking outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Do the Mobile Security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Internet bot Critical Criteria:
Explore Internet bot adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Internet bot services.
– In what ways are Mobile Security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is the scope of Mobile Security defined?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Devise Mobile application management failures and work towards be a leading Mobile application management expert.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile Security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Think of your Mobile Security project. what are the main functions?
Palm OS viruses Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Palm OS viruses failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Palm OS viruses.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile Security values?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile Security process?
– Do Mobile Security rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
IOS jailbreaking Critical Criteria:
Huddle over IOS jailbreaking management and do something to it.
– How likely is the current Mobile Security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Siemens S55 Critical Criteria:
Examine Siemens S55 tasks and report on setting up Siemens S55 without losing ground.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile Security leader?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile Security ?
Common External Power Supply Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Common External Power Supply tactics and question.
– Does Mobile Security analysis show the relationships among important Mobile Security factors?
– What are the barriers to increased Mobile Security production?
Security by design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Security by design governance and oversee Security by design requirements.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mobile Security into the services that we provide?
– How will you know that the Mobile Security project has been successful?
Security-focused operating system Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Security-focused operating system leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of Security-focused operating system.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile Security delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is maximizing Mobile Security protection the same as minimizing Mobile Security loss?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Start Mobile phone leadership and cater for concise Mobile phone education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile Security processes?
– What business benefits will Mobile Security goals deliver if achieved?
Application security Critical Criteria:
Frame Application security decisions and transcribe Application security as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile Security been defined?
– How can the value of Mobile Security be defined?
Android rooting Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Android rooting tasks and reduce Android rooting costs.
– For your Mobile Security project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Mobile Security analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Japanese mobile phone culture Critical Criteria:
Administer Japanese mobile phone culture planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Japanese mobile phone culture services.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Mobile Security objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we Lead with Mobile Security in Mind?
Multi-factor authentication Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Multi-factor authentication risks and find answers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile Security project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– Is multi-factor authentication supported for provider services?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Rank Mobile marketing projects and finalize the present value of growth of Mobile marketing.
– What are internal and external Mobile Security relations?
Email spam Critical Criteria:
Value Email spam visions and acquire concise Email spam education.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile Security?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile Security External links:
ADP Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security – Official Site
Mobile Protection, Enterprise Mobile Security – Skycure
Mobile news External links:
Press Room | Mobile News | Cell Phone Company | U.S. Cellular
Mobile News – WVVA
Subscriber Identity Module External links:
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
What is a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)? – GSM Security
Mobile app development External links:
Catavolt: Rapid Mobile App Development for the Enterprise
Mobile App Development for iOS & Android | Myriad Mobile
MobileSmith – Enterprise Mobile App Development Platform
Logic bomb External links:
[PDF]Browse and Read Logic Bomb Logic Bomb logic bomb
Download and Read Logic Bomb Logic Bomb logic bomb
Turing test External links:
xkcd: Turing Test
Buy The Turing Test – Microsoft Store
Comparison of smartphones External links:
AGM X1 vs. NOMU S30 – COMPARISON OF SMARTPHONES …
Satellite phone External links:
Satellite Phones Direct | Satellite Phone Sales & Rentals
International Data SIMs & Satellite Phone Rental from Mobal
Keystroke logging External links:
EAGER: Exploiting Keystroke Logging and Eye …
Keystroke Logging – LifeLock
SSH Proxying and Keystroke Logging through Secret Server
Feature phone External links:
feature phone – Site Title
feature phone – Wiktionary
Mobile advertising External links:
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Media Buying & Mobile Advertising New York & Miami
Denial of service External links:
User Login External links:
User Login – Data Recognition Corp
choiceADVANTAGE User Login
Cellular frequencies External links:
Cellular frequencies – YouTube
cellular frequencies Archives – Harris Communications
[PPT]SMR AND CELLULAR FREQUENCIES
Comparison of mobile phone standards External links:
Comparison of mobile phone standards – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of mobile phone standards
Intrusion prevention system External links:
Intrusion prevention system
Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), also known as intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS), are network security appliances that monitor network and/or system activities for malicious activity. The main functions of intrusion prevention systems are to identify malicious activity, log information about this activity, attempt to block/stop it, and report it.
How does an Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) work? – …
Cisco Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System …
Mobile device External links:
DIRECTV App – Watch Streaming TV on Your Mobile Device
Smudge attack External links:
smudge attack – Wiktionary
Mobile phones and driving safety External links:
Mobile Phones and Driving Safety Essay Sample
Mobile phones and driving safety | CourseNotes
Antivirus software External links:
Spybot – Search & Destroy Anti-malware & Antivirus Software
Geek Squad Antivirus Software Download | Webroot
High Speed Packet Access External links:
HSPA and HSPA+ High Speed Packet Access for 3G …
High Speed Packet Access – TheFreeDictionary.com
Contactless payment External links:
Aldi offering contactless payment & delivery :: WRAL.com
Disabling Contactless Payment on Debit Cards – …
Application software External links:
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Chapter 3 – Application Software
Microsoft Speech Application Software Development …
Phantom vibration syndrome External links:
“Phantom Vibration Syndrome” by Michelle Drouin, Daren …
Computer worm External links:
What is a Computer Worm? | Security News
In ‘Zero Days’ a computer worm goes rogue | New York Post
Browser security External links:
Browser Security/Updates – DFAS Home
Chrome Browser Security – Chrome for Businesses
NSS Labs 2017 Web Browser Security Comparative Reports
Computer security External links:
Avast Store | All Computer Security Products & Services
Computer Security | Consumer Information
IEEE 802.11i-2004 External links:
Photography and the law External links:
Street Photography and the LAW – YouTube
Drone Photography and the Law – Photo Attorney
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
nCino Bank Operating System
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Grey hat External links:
GREY HAT – In-N-Out Burger Company Store
Web threat External links:
6.8 Web Threat Protection Flashcards | Quizlet
RSA Web Threat Detection | RSA Link
Security Intelligence Research – Web Threat Analysis
Password cracking External links:
Excel spreadsheet password cracking using VBA – Stack Overflow
Sagitta HPC – High Performance Password Cracking
10 Most Popular Password Cracking Tools [Updated for 2017]
Internet bot External links:
Internet Bot erstellen – YouTube
What is an Internet Bot? – Definition from Techopedia
5 Answers – How to create an Internet bot – Quora
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management | AirWatch
What’s new in Mobile Application Management with …
Palm OS viruses External links:
Palm OS viruses – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Palm OS viruses – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IOS jailbreaking External links:
How Apple put an end to iOS jailbreaking – BetaNews
iPhone jailbreak: iOS Jailbreaking Is Coming To An End
Siemens S55 External links:
Siemens S55 – User opinions and reviews – page 4
Siemens S55 – Phone specs comparison
Siemens s55 – YouTube
Common External Power Supply External links:
Common external power supply – Infogalactic: the …
Common External Power Supply: Latest News & Videos, …
Security by design External links:
Rubrik Cloud Data Management: Security by Design | Rubrik
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
See shopping results for mobile phone
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
Application security External links:
What is application security? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Cross-Site Scripting – Application Security – Google
BLM Application Security System
Android rooting External links:
Free Android Root – Android Rooting Guides & Tutorials
iRoot – Secure Free Android Rooting Software
Android Rooting Tips – Home
Japanese mobile phone culture External links:
Japanese Mobile Phone Culture Pictures, Images & …
photobucket.com/images/japanese mobile phone culture
Japanese mobile phone culture – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Japanese mobile phone culture
Multi-factor authentication External links:
Multi-Factor Authentication – Access control | Microsoft Azure
Multi-Factor Authentication™ | User Portal
Mobile marketing External links:
Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and Text Messaging …
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
Real Estate Mobile Marketing – DriveBuy Technologies