What is involved in Service catalogue management
Find out what the related areas are that Service catalogue management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service catalogue management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service catalogue management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service catalogue management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service catalogue management related domains to cover and 66 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service catalogue management, Service catalog, Cloud computing, IT Governance, IT Service Management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Information technology:
Service catalogue management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Service catalogue management decisions and work towards be a leading Service catalogue management expert.
– What vendors make products that address the Service catalogue management needs?
– How can the value of Service catalogue management be defined?
– Is the scope of Service catalogue management defined?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Service catalog issues and describe which business rules are needed as Service catalog interface.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– How do we know that any Service catalogue management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– How will you measure your Service catalogue management effectiveness?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Check Cloud computing projects and grade techniques for implementing Cloud computing controls.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– What is grid computing?
IT Governance Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IT Governance planning and correct IT Governance management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Service catalogue management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Policy compliance is closely related to IT governance. Compliance has much to do with defining, controlling and governing security efforts. How should an organization respond to security events?
– How important is Service catalogue management to the user organizations mission?
– what is the difference between data governance and it governance?
– What is Effective Service catalogue management?
IT Service Management Critical Criteria:
Derive from IT Service Management strategies and summarize a clear IT Service Management focus.
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– How would you describe the impact of cloud vis-a -vis your ITSM initiative/capabilities in your organization?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– Why do many organizations stumble or fail in their initial attempts at implementing itsm practices?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Its worth asking the question: why are business sponsors for it projects so important?
– What element of the it Service Management lifecycle are you currently focused on?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– How much time does it take to consolidate information into meaningful reports?
– Is there a defined enterprise it tool strategy and architecture model?
– Who is most likely to drive it Service Management organizations?
– Are you thinking about implementing itil standardsbased tools?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What is the future of it Service Management?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– What is Service Management?
– Does IT get our business?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Information Technology Infrastructure Library adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Information Technology Infrastructure Library because they lack skills.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Service catalogue management values?
– What business benefits will Service catalogue management goals deliver if achieved?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information technology planning and arbitrate Information technology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Service catalogue management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Do Service catalogue management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we go about Securing Service catalogue management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service catalogue management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service catalogue management External links:
Service Catalogue Management in ITIL | MyITstudy Blog
Service Catalogue Management – tutorialspoint.com
Service catalog External links:
Service Catalog – helpdesk.troy.edu
Service Catalog – UNC Wilmington
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
IT Governance External links:
The 5 Domains of IT Governance | Long View
Intro into IT Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
IT GOVERNANCE LIBRARY – OIT
IT Service Management External links:
IT Service Management (ITSM) – BMC Software
ITSM | IT Service Management | ServiceNow
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
ITIL – The Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Information technology External links:
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Student Email | Information Technology
Umail | University Information Technology Services