What is involved in Critical infrastructure
Find out what the related areas are that Critical infrastructure connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Critical infrastructure thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Critical infrastructure protection journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Critical infrastructure protection leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Critical infrastructure related domains to cover and 124 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Critical infrastructure, Vehicle efficiency, Federal Ministry of the Interior, District heating, San Francisco Bay Bridge, Energy development, Life cycle assessment, Smart growth, Water supply network, Wind power in Denmark, Hybrid vehicles, Chemical Industry, United States Department of Defense, National Diet Library, Security agency, Nuclear power in France, Air traffic control, Public utility, Pipeline transport, Urban planning, Mobile data terminal, Hoover Dam, Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, United States Department of the Treasury, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Commerce, Solar power in Germany, Mechanical engineering, State school, Congestion pricing, Public policy, Public sector, Critical infrastructure, Transit-oriented development, Fuel tax, Electricity generation, Department of Homeland Security, United States Department of Agriculture, Grand Coulee Dam, Public space, United States Department of Transportation, Urban sprawl, Interstate Highway System, Reliance Petroleum, IT systems, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection, Water supply, National Monument, Military–industrial complex, Solid waste, Natural monopoly:
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Critical infrastructure projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Critical infrastructure skills.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Among the Critical infrastructure product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Critical infrastructure project manager?
– What vendors make products that address the Critical infrastructure needs?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
Vehicle efficiency Critical Criteria:
Read up on Vehicle efficiency issues and intervene in Vehicle efficiency processes and leadership.
– Is there a Critical infrastructure Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is the purpose of Critical infrastructure in relation to the mission?
Federal Ministry of the Interior Critical Criteria:
Survey Federal Ministry of the Interior outcomes and transcribe Federal Ministry of the Interior as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do the Critical infrastructure decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Why should we adopt a Critical infrastructure framework?
District heating Critical Criteria:
Focus on District heating goals and intervene in District heating processes and leadership.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Critical infrastructure models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the source of the strategies for Critical infrastructure strengthening and reform?
San Francisco Bay Bridge Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to San Francisco Bay Bridge goals and balance specific methods for improving San Francisco Bay Bridge results.
– In the case of a Critical infrastructure project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Critical infrastructure project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Critical infrastructure project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are assumptions made in Critical infrastructure stated explicitly?
– What is our Critical infrastructure Strategy?
Energy development Critical Criteria:
Understand Energy development decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Critical infrastructure information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we Lead with Critical infrastructure in Mind?
Life cycle assessment Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Life cycle assessment outcomes and find the essential reading for Life cycle assessment researchers.
– Why is Critical infrastructure important for you now?
– Do we have past Critical infrastructure Successes?
– How do we use life cycle assessment?
– How to Secure Critical infrastructure?
Smart growth Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Smart growth leadership and change contexts.
– Think about the functions involved in your Critical infrastructure project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is Critical infrastructure dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Critical infrastructure deliverables?
Water supply network Critical Criteria:
Apply Water supply network failures and track iterative Water supply network results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Critical infrastructure process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Critical infrastructure process available?
– Does Critical infrastructure systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Critical infrastructure forward?
Wind power in Denmark Critical Criteria:
Value Wind power in Denmark decisions and learn.
– Will Critical infrastructure have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Hybrid vehicles Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Hybrid vehicles management and create Hybrid vehicles explanations for all managers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Critical infrastructure?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Critical infrastructure?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Critical infrastructure moving forward?
Chemical Industry Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Chemical Industry strategies and mentor Chemical Industry customer orientation.
– For your Critical infrastructure project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are all of our Critical infrastructure domains and what do they do?
– How will you measure your Critical infrastructure effectiveness?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Examine United States Department of Defense strategies and develop and take control of the United States Department of Defense initiative.
– Which customers cant participate in our Critical infrastructure domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Critical infrastructure processes?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Audit National Diet Library visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging National Diet Library.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Critical infrastructure opportunities costing us money?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Critical infrastructure move?
– Are there Critical infrastructure problems defined?
Security agency Critical Criteria:
Discuss Security agency leadership and oversee implementation of Security agency.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Critical infrastructure process?
– How do we measure improved Critical infrastructure service perception, and satisfaction?
Nuclear power in France Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Nuclear power in France planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Nuclear power in France projects.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Critical infrastructure product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we go about Comparing Critical infrastructure approaches/solutions?
Air traffic control Critical Criteria:
Pilot Air traffic control goals and create Air traffic control explanations for all managers.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Critical infrastructure strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Critical infrastructure?
Public utility Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Public utility tasks and find answers.
– Consider your own Critical infrastructure project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Critical infrastructure process?
– How to deal with Critical infrastructure Changes?
Pipeline transport Critical Criteria:
Systematize Pipeline transport quality and develop and take control of the Pipeline transport initiative.
– How can you negotiate Critical infrastructure successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How likely is the current Critical infrastructure plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Urban planning Critical Criteria:
Consult on Urban planning planning and define what do we need to start doing with Urban planning.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Critical infrastructure services/products?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Critical infrastructure goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we keep improving Critical infrastructure?
Mobile data terminal Critical Criteria:
Confer over Mobile data terminal results and shift your focus.
– Do Critical infrastructure rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What is our formula for success in Critical infrastructure ?
Hoover Dam Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Hoover Dam risks and catalog what business benefits will Hoover Dam goals deliver if achieved.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Critical infrastructure that make it risky?
– When a Critical infrastructure manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Akashi Kaikyō Bridge Critical Criteria:
Devise Akashi Kaikyō Bridge results and create a map for yourself.
– In a project to restructure Critical infrastructure outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Critical infrastructure?
United States Department of the Treasury Critical Criteria:
Scan United States Department of the Treasury failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough United States Department of the Treasury results.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Critical infrastructure objectives?
Department of Health and Human Services Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Department of Health and Human Services tasks and summarize a clear Department of Health and Human Services focus.
– Does Critical infrastructure analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Department of Commerce Critical Criteria:
Analyze Department of Commerce strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Department of Commerce.
– Can we do Critical infrastructure without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How much does Critical infrastructure help?
Solar power in Germany Critical Criteria:
Canvass Solar power in Germany outcomes and point out improvements in Solar power in Germany.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Critical infrastructure activities?
Mechanical engineering Critical Criteria:
Deduce Mechanical engineering management and question.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Critical infrastructure processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Critical infrastructure requirements in detail?
– Does Critical infrastructure appropriately measure and monitor risk?
State school Critical Criteria:
Read up on State school projects and attract State school skills.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Critical infrastructure workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we know that any Critical infrastructure analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Congestion pricing Critical Criteria:
Consider Congestion pricing strategies and forecast involvement of future Congestion pricing projects in development.
– How do we go about Securing Critical infrastructure?
Public policy Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Public policy projects and find out.
– To what extent does management recognize Critical infrastructure as a tool to increase the results?
Public sector Critical Criteria:
Drive Public sector results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Public sector.
– Will Critical infrastructure deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Critical infrastructure visions and overcome Critical infrastructure skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Critical infrastructure into the services that we provide?
– In what ways are Critical infrastructure vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Transit-oriented development Critical Criteria:
Align Transit-oriented development leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Transit-oriented development goal is.
– Have all basic functions of Critical infrastructure been defined?
Fuel tax Critical Criteria:
Shape Fuel tax outcomes and forecast involvement of future Fuel tax projects in development.
– Have you identified your Critical infrastructure key performance indicators?
Electricity generation Critical Criteria:
Guard Electricity generation visions and research ways can we become the Electricity generation company that would put us out of business.
– Why are Critical infrastructure skills important?
Department of Homeland Security Critical Criteria:
Guard Department of Homeland Security strategies and work towards be a leading Department of Homeland Security expert.
– Has your company conducted a Cybersecurity evaluation of key assets in concert with the National Cyber Security Division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Critical infrastructure?
– How can the value of Critical infrastructure be defined?
United States Department of Agriculture Critical Criteria:
Derive from United States Department of Agriculture adoptions and probe the present value of growth of United States Department of Agriculture.
– Are accountability and ownership for Critical infrastructure clearly defined?
Grand Coulee Dam Critical Criteria:
Face Grand Coulee Dam management and change contexts.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Critical infrastructure delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the usability implications of Critical infrastructure actions?
Public space Critical Criteria:
Define Public space decisions and cater for concise Public space education.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Critical infrastructure strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Critical infrastructure, including any consulting or professional services?
United States Department of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Infer United States Department of Transportation results and attract United States Department of Transportation skills.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Critical infrastructure project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Critical infrastructure project lifecycle?
– What are the barriers to increased Critical infrastructure production?
Urban sprawl Critical Criteria:
Derive from Urban sprawl goals and achieve a single Urban sprawl view and bringing data together.
– What are the key elements of your Critical infrastructure performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Critical infrastructure objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Interstate Highway System Critical Criteria:
Focus on Interstate Highway System management and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Critical infrastructure analysis show the relationships among important Critical infrastructure factors?
Reliance Petroleum Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Reliance Petroleum governance and find out.
– Which Critical infrastructure goals are the most important?
IT systems Critical Criteria:
Map IT systems risks and define what do we need to start doing with IT systems.
– How do you monitor your Cybersecurity posture on business IT systems and ICS systems and communicate status and needs to leadership?
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Critical Criteria:
Model after NIST Cybersecurity Framework projects and learn.
– How will you know that the Critical infrastructure project has been successful?
Critical Infrastructure Protection Critical Criteria:
Drive Critical Infrastructure Protection planning and probe the present value of growth of Critical Infrastructure Protection.
– How do we Improve Critical infrastructure service perception, and satisfaction?
Trans-Alaska Pipeline System Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Trans-Alaska Pipeline System goals and oversee implementation of Trans-Alaska Pipeline System.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Critical infrastructure values?
– What are the business goals Critical infrastructure is aiming to achieve?
European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection issues and report on setting up European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection without losing ground.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Critical infrastructure. How do we gain traction?
– Do we monitor the Critical infrastructure decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Water supply Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Water supply strategies and observe effective Water supply.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Critical infrastructure processes?
– How can we improve Critical infrastructure?
National Monument Critical Criteria:
Administer National Monument leadership and research ways can we become the National Monument company that would put us out of business.
– What is Effective Critical infrastructure?
– Is Critical infrastructure Required?
Military–industrial complex Critical Criteria:
Coach on Military–industrial complex planning and sort Military–industrial complex activities.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Critical infrastructure project?
Solid waste Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Solid waste decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Solid waste.
Natural monopoly Critical Criteria:
Apply Natural monopoly risks and point out Natural monopoly tensions in leadership.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Critical infrastructure protection Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Critical infrastructure External links:
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience – FEMA
Vehicle efficiency External links:
Vehicle Efficiency | EESI
[PDF]Improving Vehicle Efficiency, Reducing …
Federal Ministry of the Interior External links:
[DE] Federal Ministry of the Interior – ROBLOX
District heating External links:
[PDF]DISTRICT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS
Heating and District Heating – Danfoss
San Francisco Bay Bridge External links:
San Francisco Bay Bridge – AbeBooks
Energy development External links:
The Governor’s Utah Energy Development Summit 2017
U.S. Energy Development Corporation | Online Portal
Life cycle assessment External links:
Life Cycle Assessment Harmonization – NREL
Life Cycle Assessment – CertainTeed
Smart growth External links:
Smart Growth / Smart Energy Toolkit – Low Impact …
Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance
Louisiana Smart Growth Summit
Water supply network External links:
Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) – Home | Facebook
Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN), St Gallen, Switzerland. 2K likes. Access to clean water For Everyone, Forever
7th Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) Forum – …
Wind power in Denmark External links:
Hybrid vehicles External links:
Hybrid Vehicles. (eBook, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Title: HYBRID VEHICLES GAIN TRACTION
shadow.eas.gatech.edu/~kcobb/energy/Readings/Romm and Frank.pdf
Electric Vehicles: Hybrid Vehicles | Chevrolet
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
[PDF]United States Department of Defense (DoD) DoD …
United States Department of Defense
National Diet Library External links:
ndl.go.jp – 国立国会図書館―National Diet Library
Online Gallery | National Diet Library
Air traffic control External links:
air traffic control Jobs at Serco
jobs.serco-na.com/search-jobs/air traffic control/1025/1
StuckMic – Air Traffic Control – ATC – Aviation
Special Use Airspace & Air Traffic Control Assigned …
Public utility External links:
Welcome to ePUC | Vermont Public Utility Commission
Public Utility Commission of Texas – Official Site
Pipeline transport External links:
Pig Launcher and Receiver | Pipeline Transport | Valve
What are the merits of pipeline transport? – Quora
Business Profile | Wolverine Pipeline Transport LTD.
Urban planning External links:
Urban Planning Department – UCLA Luskin
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning – …
Hoover Dam External links:
Hoover Dam – Official Site
Department of Health and Human Services External links:
[PDF]Department of Health and Human Services – GPO
NC Department of Health and Human Services
United States Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Commerce External links:
Maryland is Open for Business | Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic …
Home – Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union
Solar power in Germany External links:
Soaking Up the Sun: Solar Power in Germany and Japan
Mechanical engineering External links:
Mechanical Engineering | College of Engineering
What is Mechanical Engineering? | Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering | The University of New Mexico
State school External links:
Oklahoma State School Boards Association
Congestion pricing External links:
Congestion Pricing – The New York Times
The right way to do congestion pricing – NY Daily News
Public policy External links:
Public Policy News | NCOA
Public Policy Jobs- Public Policy Online
Title II Closing Arguments – AT&T Public Policy
Public sector External links:
NEOGOV HRMS | HR Software for Government & Public Sector
Critical infrastructure External links:
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience – FEMA
Transit-oriented development External links:
Transit-Oriented Development | FTA
Transit-Oriented Development Home
Fuel tax External links:
Fuel use tax/international fuel tax agreement (IFTA)
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Instructions – …
Forms: IRP (prorate) and fuel tax – Department of Licensing
Electricity generation External links:
Renewable Electricity Generation | Department of Energy
Electricity generation and cooling water use: UK …
Department of Homeland Security External links:
Home | Arizona Department of Homeland Security
[PDF]Department of Homeland Security – GPO
United States Department of Agriculture External links:
[PDF]UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
TARGET Center | United States Department of Agriculture
Welcome | United States Department of Agriculture
Grand Coulee Dam External links:
Grand Coulee Dam (DVD video, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Grand Coulee Dam School District / Homepage
Grand Coulee Dam – AbeBooks
Public space External links:
Urban sprawl External links:
Urban sprawl (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Free urban sprawl Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Urban Sprawl Sheet Music By Clint Needham – Sheet Music …
Interstate Highway System External links:
Impact | The History of the Interstate Highway System
Reliance Petroleum External links:
Reliance Petroleum Diamond Oil – Home | Facebook
Reliance Petroleum – Official Site
IT systems External links:
Government Contractor | IT Systems | El Paso, TX
Jack Roe | Cinema IT Systems | Innovation. Quality. Support.
Thomas Jefferson University :: Jeff IT : IT Systems Status
NIST Cybersecurity Framework External links:
Microsoft Trust Center | NIST Cybersecurity Framework
NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) Reference Tool | NIST
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework Revisited | …
Critical Infrastructure Protection External links:
DEMHS: Critical Infrastructure Protection Unit – Connecticut
Trans-Alaska Pipeline System External links:
Chapter 2: TRANS-ALASKA PIPELINE SYSTEM – …
[PDF]Trans-Alaska Pipeline System – ASCE Library
Water supply External links:
Cross Timbers Water Supply Corporation
National Monument External links:
Muir Woods National Monument (U.S. National Park …
Solid waste External links:
ONLINE REQUEST FOR SOLID WASTE BARREL REPAIR/REPLACEMENT
Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
Solid Waste Management – San Antonio
Natural monopoly External links:
What are some of the benefits of a natural monopoly? …
Natural Monopoly – Investopedia
What is example of natural monopoly? | Monopolies – Quora